Photo Galleries: 1950s
Now an active chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha, Z-U Zeta was making itself known on campus. In the late 1950s, visionary brothers living at 304 N. Bishop saw a need for a new house, and eyes turned to the vacant property across the street at 307 N. Bishop.
Points of Pride: 1950–1959
- Wayne Howland: Mgr. of Basketball Team ’48–’50
- Lambda Chi initiated its own Greek Week event, the Chariot Race
- Mo Miller captained Miami golf team
- Jim Demetrion ’52 retired in 2002 after 17 years as Director of The Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, the Smithsonian’s showplace for modern art.
- Dayton Journal-Herald reports Z-U’s Red Cross Blood Drive nets 450 pints for “Blood for Korea”
- Memorial plaque dedicated to pledge Tom Everslage, who was killed in Korean Conflict
- First Place in the Barbershop Quartet Competition
- David Wilson elected Homecoming King
- Dr. Stephenson receives LXA’s highest honor, the Order of Merit
- LXA wins league championship with 5-0 record
- Fetters and Mudge in Omicron Delta Kappa, Wilson in Phi Beta Kappa
- Z-U hosts Ohio Great Lakes Conclave
- Z-U’s Antique Auto Rally celebrates Miami’s sesquicentennial and Lambda Chi’s 50th anniversary