Photo Galleries: 1940s
In 1940, Miami University President Alfred Upham thought there was need for another Greek society on campus. Thus the Adanerion Club came into being. The Adanerions became Alpha Gamma Pi and then a colony of Lambda Chi Alpha.
Points of Pride: 1940–1949
- Dr. Arthur Evans named first advisor of Adanerion Club
- After December 7, 1941, out of 25 men on the roll, one went to the Marines, five to the Air Force, and four to the Army Reserve.
- Second in Scholarship
- Phi Beta Kappa Scholarship Award
- Those brothers who served in WWII
- Campus Football, Basketball, Baseball Champs
- Art Stone won three letters in golf. Lou Kaczmarek, Herb Ledyard, and pledge James Nowaskey played football and boxed for Miami. Jack Paulin, Art Gergely, and Bill Kneller lettered in track.
- High Alpha Jack Hendry held Miami’s record in the discus.
- 1949–1950 Scholarship Trophy Winner